Living in Community (while being apart)
Brothers and sisters in Christ,
God is still God. Our Redeemer lives. The Holy Spirit continues to be active in our lives and in the world. Praise the Lord!
During this time of social distancing, we are learning new and creative ways to worship and grow as disciples of Jesus Christ. This season will go through April 10.
Here are some of the highlights of our plans at NUMC:
- Live worship will continue via Facebook on Sundays at 9:30am. A recorded version of worship will be available on our website by noon on Sundays.
- Discipleship will continue to be an active part of our lives. We will have a new page on our website titled Holy & Whole that will include articles, live teachings, and more. We will be sending more information about this tomorrow.
- The prayer chain will continue as normal. Please send prayer requests to the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 252-459-7178.
- We are collecting food at the church office to help those in need. A list of needed items can be found on our event page at nashvilleumc.net/events.
Staying Connected & Serving Others
- Our Welcome Team and Stephens Ministers have been contacting church members. We encourage our congregation to stay in touch with each other through phone calls, email, and social media. Contact Kira Lanfranchi at email@example.com for more information.
- We are offering help to our older members who may need assistance with grocery shopping or picking up prescriptions. If you are able to help in these areas or know of someone in need, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If anyone encounters a person who is struggling to cope with the current situation we are in, please send their name and contact information to the church office (email@example.com or 252-459-7178) and Pastor Scott or Pastor Luke will call them.
- We’ll stay in contact via email, social media, and our website. We will continue to use our phone system to communicate with those that don’t have internet access.
- We will also have a special edition of our newsletter mailed out soon.
- We can still reflect God’s generosity by being generous givers. You can give through the mail, drop checks off at the church office drop box, or give online at nashvilleumc.net/give.
Grace and peace,
Pastor Scott & Pastor Luke
Scott Dodson is Lead Pastor to the community of saints, in Christ, at Nashville UMC.
Luke Whitehead is Pastor of Discipleship to the community of saints, in Christ, at Nashville UMC.